Spiritual Attributes of Snowflake Obsidian
The Apache indians believed that Apache Tears formed whenever Apache warriors leaped to their death off cliffs rather than be captured by an enemy.
Most people appreciate snowflake obsidian for its beauty and interesting appearance, however, some people believe snowflake obsidian has mysterious, mystical, metaphysical powers.
Metaphysical Attributes Given to Snowflake Obsidian
Obsidian, the Stone of Scorpio, is considered in astrological circles to have the element of fire and related to "Root Chakra" which is the base located at the very bottom of the spine..
Snowflake Obsidian falls under the sign of Sagittarius. Snowflake Obsidian is sometimes associated with Virgo even though obsidian is considered a gemstone of Aquarius.
Apache Tears Snowflake Obsidian
Many people believe snowflake obsidian brings purity and balance to the body, mind and spirit through mystical and astrological properties.
Believers give obsidian a healing capacity beneficial to veins, skeleton and skin plus the added protection from physical and emotional harm.
Both Apache and Aztec placed much importance in obsidian, fashioning both tools and jewelry from the mineral.
Snowflake Obsidian was referred to as the Book of Laws Stone by Native Americans who believed the mineral was a guardian to the Great Spirit. Shamans often carried this stone as a powerful talisman to avert evil and bring good fortune.
The Aztec term iztli (surnamed teotetl) translates into "divine stone."
A metaphysical healing practice includes holding obsidian or placing it on a sacral hara chakra to help to balance the mind, body, and spirit.
An obsidian worry stone is thought to ease the user's worries, anxieties and stress as they rub the stone between thumb and index finger.
Varied and questionable mystical powers that have been attributed to this beautiful volcanic rock include:
- serenity and purity, balance and divination during times of change
- obsidian absorbs anger, fear and stress.
- gently brings repressed thoughts and emotions out whether positive or negative
- can shield against negativity
- helps one understand unhealthy behavioral patterns
- fosters personal insight, overcomes negative feelings
- relieves muscle cramps
- can be used as a detoxification stone
- draws hidden imbalances to the surface and releases them
- calms and soothes which allows the wearer to view unhealthy patterns in behavior to open the door to change
- enhances the ability to reach one's inner self
- helps one see into the future
- is especially protective to women
- can induce visions and dreams
- shields the wearer from negativity and grief
- purifies the soul
- benefits the intestines and digestive system
- sharpens both the external and the internal vision
- obsidian is a warrior of truth which reveals the ego
- Relieves pain
- improves circulation especially in those cold hands & feet
- is really great for 12 Step Programs
- helps overcome obsessions
- brings out your inner warrior spirit
- reaches into one's subconscious to help one reclaim oneself
- prevents thoughts from turning negative
- cures shyness and timidity when combined with adventuring, rose quartz, and Cherrystone
- Green Obsidian helps prevent others from drawing you into their personal crises
- Green Obsidian redirects draining energy to an unlimited field of white light so you don't need to use your own energy
- works best for healing skeletal and circulatory systems
- durability, courage, vim and vigor, firmness, strength, stamina, constancy, tenacity, steadfastness, permanence and self-control
Who needs Obama care reform with a miracle rock like this, huh?